“What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.”Nicholas Sparks
According to the latest research conducted by the company ESET Ireland, in 8 out of 10 cases abusers accessed online accounts of children to get personal information; as a result kids were sexually abused on the web. Moreover, online predators more and more often use social networks to get personal information about potential victims.
ESET found that 82% of online sex crimes connected with children are connected with minors’ social networking profiles. Abusers gathered data from what they Like and dislike. in 65% of crimes – abusers got such information as school and home address of victims.
According to the previous Research of ESET – more interesting information was revealed: more than 70% of kids online are left without any supervision, and more than 13% of kids within the age of 15-24 were victims of cyber bullying.
What are the main actions of Online Predators?
The list will include:
- Finding minors through blogs, instant messaging, Social networking websites, discussion boards and other places on the Web.
- Seducing minors with gifts, kindness, attention.
- Knowing and offering same hobbies and information that is most likely to be interesting for the minors.
- Sympathising to children’s problems
- Introduction of sexual content into communication.
- Persuading kids to meet face-to-face.
How to protect your kids?
Install cell phone tracker on your kid’s cell phone. Supervise every activity that goes online from the cell phone! Track the most visited websites with browsing history and bookmarks, read all incoming and outgoing texts, Messages from social networking systems like Facebook, Skype, Viber, Whatsapp. And be updated with their whereabouts constantly! All of that to make sure your kid is safe and sound. But the best way to secure your kid is to establish mutual understanding and two-way communication!